Whether you run a multi-state corporation or a family-owned single location business, your assets warrant the attention of professionals who understand your business and financial goals. Korthase Flinn is comprised of a team of professionals from various backgrounds, bringing a wealth of knowledge and expertise to our clients.
Every organization faces a unique set of risks and challenges. At KorthaseFlinn, our mission is to help your business or organization understand the exposure to loss inherent in your operations, provide the insurance product that is necessary to recover from losses, and to offer consultative risk management tools and resources. Our expertise and carrier relationships mean that we bring the right resources to meet the unique needs of your business. Our knowledge, experience and product offerings fully support a broad selection of industries.
Always putting our clients' needs first, we apply our expertise to develop the appropriate insurance and financial services programs. This is how we build our legacy of trust-with every client, every day.
Discover more about our process by clicking on each of the stages of the risk management process:
Managing risk is a multi-phase process. Korthase Flinn is a risk management partner, not just another insurance agency. When it comes to protecting your business or organization, we believe in a thoughtful discovery process and ongoing dialogue. What will that mean for you?
- Open Communication: We strive to understand your risk tolerance and financial ability to withstand the spectrum of potential losses and develop insurance programs tailored to protect your operations.
- Risk Assessment: We educate our customers on the risks inherent to their organization, including those risks which are not always readily apparent.
- Innovative Risk Management Services: Matching our customers with the right insurance program is only one aspect of the service we provide. Our staff is available to assist you with the design and implementation of risk management programs such as: worker safety, property protection, disaster plans, fleet safety, travel safety, and loss prevention.
- Constant Gap Analysis: We will review your insurance program with a critical eye for constant improvement. Too often, an insurance policy is neglected and over time a gap can develop between what is best suited for the business and what the policies are providing. The insurance market is constantly evolving to keep up with the ever changing risks that businesses face and Korthase Flinn can be trusted to stay on top of the latest developments.
Our professional experience and long-standing relationships with an extensive array of top-rated national and regional carriers enable us to tailor an insurance program that best suits our customers’ needs. We believe that a consultative partnership with our clients allows for a strategic and thoughtful approach to the insurance marketplace to provide the most comprehensive coverage at the right price.
From traditional insurance programs to large deductibles and loss sensitive plans, we offer a wide range of property and casualty coverage options at competitive prices.
As one of Northern Michigan’s largest Independent Insurance Agencies, we have a direct appointment with over 25 insurance companies and relationships with several wholesale brokerage firms provides access to hundreds more.
We place all types of commercial policies based on your organization’s needs. Our capabilities include:
KorthaseFlinn takes great care to attract and hire industry professionals with experience and expertise. We deliver advice, not just a policy. A variety of additional value-added services are available at no additional cost to our customers:
- Knowledge & Technology: Our professionals combined industry experience provides our customers with a level of expertise that is unparalleled in our region. As a customer, you also gain access to free Loss Control and Risk Management Resources via our Online Client Portal
- Contract Review: While Korthase Flinn does not offer legal advice, we can provide feedback on the insurance sections of leases, customer contracts, and partnership agreements and identify whether your current policies conform to the stated requirements.
- Experience Mod Analysis & customized reports: Our insurance experts will explain the mechanics of the calculation and the factors that most affect its outcome to help you better understand and manage this important factor
- Claims Management: Our claims team works with the insurance company, handles the paperwork, and negotiates as your advocate throughout the process.